Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#93) SQ4R: Strategic Reading Strategies for the Classroom and Beyond
- (#174) We Are All Related
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
- (#59) Lessons from "Larry Crowne"
- (#272) Grit: What Keeps You Moving Toward Your Goals?
- (#268) P.R.I.D.E for Student (Life) Success
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
- (#217) What We Think We Become
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: Words and Action
We can easily get caught up in the “noise” around us if we allow that to happen. The wrong things end up pushing the right things to the side. An upcoming speaking engagement reminds me of a truism when it … Continue reading
“We are where we are, however we got here. What matters is where we go next.”—Isaac Marion The New Year inevitably brings resolutions. Just as inescapable are posts about those inexorable goals for the next 12 months. We generally hear … Continue reading
A relationship with Ida Ownly has no future other than one of contrition, remorse, disappointment, and heartbreak. You know Ida Ownly, don’t you? I’m sure you (like me) have spent some time with her. And when we do it generally … Continue reading
We have to remember what we learned in our formative years: “Know what battles to pick.” Great advice unless you never seem to choose a battle. I was recently asked what kind of advice I would give to the new … Continue reading
Stories we tell ourselves vs. stories we actually live. What stories are you telling yourself? For years I’ve been using a professional and personal growth exercises with my students and audiences. Start with one piece of paper and a pen … Continue reading
“If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.”—Yogi Berra Legendary football coach Paul Brown receives credit for being the first football coach to use game film. He believed the film would help expose the weaknesses … Continue reading