Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#426) It’s Easy to be Left Behind
- (#418) Helping A Village Find Its Voice
- (#91) Success Strategies for the Classroom—and the Business World
- (#134) Marshmallows, Teaching and Learning
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#272) Grit: What Keeps You Moving Toward Your Goals?
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (#88) Information Literacy: Not All Information is Created Equally
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Tag Archives: priorities
We can easily get caught up in the “noise” around us if we allow that to happen. The wrong things end up pushing the right things to the side. An upcoming speaking engagement reminds me of a truism when it … Continue reading
Treat your dreams like your property. If you don’t protect them from theft and damage, who will? I recently reacquainted myself with a bit of Casey Stengel wisdom. Stengel reportedly pointed across the field and said, See that fellow over … Continue reading
A relationship with Ida Ownly has no future other than one of contrition, remorse, disappointment, and heartbreak. You know Ida Ownly, don’t you? I’m sure you (like me) have spent some time with her. And when we do it generally … Continue reading
Stories we tell ourselves vs. stories we actually live. What stories are you telling yourself? For years I’ve been using a professional and personal growth exercises with my students and audiences. Start with one piece of paper and a pen … Continue reading
Where have you allowed clutter to invade your life? When you hear the word clutter, what pops into your mind? A desk with piles upon piles of paper? Your kid’s bedroom? Your bedroom? The kitchen sink? The backseat of your … Continue reading
Rather than living by the creed of F.O.M.O (Fear Of Missing Out), why not embrace J.O.M.O (Joy Of Missing Out)? The story goes that when Quincy Jones was producing the song “We Are the World” with some of the biggest … Continue reading