Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#93) SQ4R: Strategic Reading Strategies for the Classroom and Beyond
- (#174) We Are All Related
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
- (#59) Lessons from "Larry Crowne"
- (#272) Grit: What Keeps You Moving Toward Your Goals?
- (#268) P.R.I.D.E for Student (Life) Success
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
- (#217) What We Think We Become
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: Discipline
You make your partner look good. The scene is never about you…. When we learn we either acquire new skills and knowledge or modify old structures of knowing and doing. It helps us adapt, change, survive, grow, and thrive. The … Continue reading
They not only lack the ability to see superior talent and skills in others, they possess a blatant inability to recognize their own ineptitude and shortcomings. You know the type. Perhaps you work with one, or two, or more. You … Continue reading
Charles, thank you for being there for so many of us. Thank you for reminding us of the importance of humility, hard work, personal fortitude, paying attention, listening, and mostly, being human. You made me a better version of myself. … Continue reading
Your agenda is important. Your issues, trials, tribulations, strife, successes, collaborations, family, friends, and resilience mean something to you and to others. Last week I saw a Tweet that read, “Please don’t bring your agenda today. Bring your love, prayers, … Continue reading
Being a teacher is more than knowing one’s content and “covering” the material. Effective teachers do what they can to connect with each student and build a community of learners who connect with one another. The Individuals with Educational Disabilities … Continue reading