Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#90) Using Learning Preferences to Make Connections
- (#298) Do You Have “Hell, Yeah” Goals?
- #6 Who Are the “Energy Vampires” in Your Life?
- #20 Don’t Let Anyone Take Your Passion
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
- (#95) Test-Prep: Connecting Classroom Success to Career Success and Life Success
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
- (#313) Information Literacy 2.0: WHO Is The WHO Of Your Information?
- (#404) Risk, Empty Spaces, and Self: Lessons from the Stage
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Tag Archives: focus
If we focus on the possible negative, we get sucked into it. Lessons. Everywhere, lessons present themselves. And they remind us that we are always students. Lifelong learners. If we pay attention. My latest education has come over the past … Continue reading
This week spend some time looking in your rear view mirror. In a few weeks, the calendar turns to 2017. For some, it will be “good riddance” to 2016. Others will have fond memories and gratitude of the past twelve months. … Continue reading
By going a little off-center, we start to see things that can enhance our view. We open ourselves up to larger possibilities and opportunities. Over the past few months, I’ve been dabbling with photography. Having fun, getting creative, learning, and … Continue reading
It seems I do some of my best thinking when I am not in my workspace. In her book Improv Wisdom: Don’t Prepare, Just Show Up Patricia Ryan Madson suggests that we pay attention to our “hot spots.” These places … Continue reading
What small step can you take this week to set your agenda, manage your energy, and accomplish the most important thing on your radar? In last week’s post I briefly noted the concept of ultradian rhythms. These 90-minute full-on work … Continue reading
Is hope just a word that will soon be washed away by an incoming tide? Or does it send a message of resilience? What is the worth of “hope”? As in, “don’t lose hope.” Or, “I hope tomorrow is better than … Continue reading
As Aristotle said, “Excellence is not an act, but rather a habit.” Ever wonder what separates the achievers from the non-achievers (besides what they actually achieve)? In the November issue of Success Magazine, Tom Corley outlines what he calls “Rich … Continue reading