Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (Issue #509) Listen To Your Heart: Physically and Emotionally
- (#298) Do You Have “Hell, Yeah” Goals?
- (Issue #502) Will You Dance Your Dance?
- (#217) What We Think We Become
- (#440) What Matters Now?
- (Issue #503) Identity, Integrity, and Purpose
- (Issue #504) The Fragile Beauty and Randomness of Life
- (#81) Psychic Wages and Passion
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2020. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: emotional intelligence
You have a story. It belongs to you. It is powerful. How are you helping people understand it? Listening is a difficult skill to master. A lot of people shouting, “look at me” and “listen to my story!” Unfortunately, they … Continue reading
Acknowledge common ground to build a more unified and proactive community. Every day we find ourselves bombarded by lots of talking. When fortunate, we get to hear and engage in real conversations. Speaking, listening, questioning, listening, responding, questioning, listening, and … Continue reading
Some will experience a metamorphosis they never dreamed they could attain. Others will quietly walk away. I always looked forward to the first day of the semester. As a teacher, that first day came full of anticipation for me and … Continue reading
Consider how you can incorporate deliberative efforts for deeper organizational relationships—one person at a time. I often stressed to my students that strategies for student success would prepare them for life success. My words came back to me as I … Continue reading
Are you adding to clarity or compounding the noise? How do you know? “The trouble with a great many of us is we know so many things that ain’t so.” -Josh Billings “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets … Continue reading