Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#90) Using Learning Preferences to Make Connections
- (#298) Do You Have “Hell, Yeah” Goals?
- #6 Who Are the “Energy Vampires” in Your Life?
- #20 Don’t Let Anyone Take Your Passion
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
- (#95) Test-Prep: Connecting Classroom Success to Career Success and Life Success
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
- (#313) Information Literacy 2.0: WHO Is The WHO Of Your Information?
- (#404) Risk, Empty Spaces, and Self: Lessons from the Stage
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: Haters
Has your bureaucracy morphed into a soul-sucking and resilience-retarding beast? Bureaucracy catches a lot of heat. “The Bureaucracy.” When something goes wrong….blame it on “The Bureaucracy.” Of course, “The Bureaucracy” provides the structure. The people (the bureaucrats) make it move … Continue reading
Just because you find a lot of information does not mean you have found accurate or credible information If, as famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright claimed, “An expert is a man who stops thinking because he knows,” then can we say … Continue reading
Do you work (or live) with someone who endlessly pontificates, grouses, grumbles, moans and laments? One of my mentors taught me a valuable lesson near the beginning of my teaching career. Dr. Veronica Valentine had a simple “rule” if anyone … Continue reading
Whatever you choose to call these people—haters, crabs, energy vampires, saboteurs, dysfunctional—they can kill a dream if we allow them into our world. If you have run into these energy suckers, please share your strategies. What is your antidote to their poison?