Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (Issue #557) Agree to Disagree: A Conversational Fire Extinguisher?
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#381) Before and After the Conversation
- (#393) Incompetent People Who Believe They Are Exceptional
- (#447) Resistance Bubbles
- (Issue #490) Calling for Deliberative Dialogues.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- #25 Know Your Boundaries--Know Your Limits
- (#359) Collisions and Serendipity
- (Issue #528) Writer’s Block? Probably Not.
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2021. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
A functioning community moves beyond listing and reciting core values. It shares and lives those values. And, it provides a safe place for its members to explore, stretch, learn, fail, and grow.
Steve is not a life coach and does not provide legal advice. He facilitates conversations and helps raise and confront important questions about what we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
Category Archives: ideologies
Are we listening to others—and to ourselves? One activist described communication as understanding someone else’s experience and presenting a point within that experience. “Even the most elementary grasp of the fundamental idea that one communicates within the experience of his … Continue reading
“A building is not just about itself, but the place where it resides.”-Craig Dykers Did you hear the one about the college president’s view of how to handle struggling students? Reportedly his suggestion was to “drown the bunnies.” No, that’s … Continue reading
Once we commit to an ideological road it becomes increasingly difficult to consider counter arguments or even think about compromise. Doris Kearns Goodwin’s masterful volume Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln is more than a history book. … Continue reading