Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#268) P.R.I.D.E for Student (Life) Success
- (#59) Lessons from "Larry Crowne"
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
- (#217) What We Think We Become
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
- (#415) Does the Disturbance Disturb You?
- (#85) Study Skills: Do I Really Need This Stuff?
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: ideologies
Are we listening to others—and to ourselves? One activist described communication as understanding someone else’s experience and presenting a point within that experience. “Even the most elementary grasp of the fundamental idea that one communicates within the experience of his … Continue reading
“A building is not just about itself, but the place where it resides.”-Craig Dykers Did you hear the one about the college president’s view of how to handle struggling students? Reportedly his suggestion was to “drown the bunnies.” No, that’s … Continue reading
Once we commit to an ideological road it becomes increasingly difficult to consider counter arguments or even think about compromise. Doris Kearns Goodwin’s masterful volume Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln is more than a history book. … Continue reading