Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#90) Using Learning Preferences to Make Connections
- (#298) Do You Have “Hell, Yeah” Goals?
- #6 Who Are the “Energy Vampires” in Your Life?
- #20 Don’t Let Anyone Take Your Passion
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
- (#95) Test-Prep: Connecting Classroom Success to Career Success and Life Success
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
- (#313) Information Literacy 2.0: WHO Is The WHO Of Your Information?
- (#404) Risk, Empty Spaces, and Self: Lessons from the Stage
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: Choice
The exceptional leaders take their moments of vulnerability and build on them. The most effective leaders I have collaborated with found themselves there more times than you might imagine. If you haven’t found yourself there yet, you will. At least, … Continue reading
Incompetent and fear-based managers rely on rigid scripts. Sam Wasson’s Improv Nation: How We Made a Great American Art provides lessons for transformational leadership. As early Improv players experimented and developed the art form, they learned the power of two … Continue reading
Perhaps we live in a time when the question to ponder becomes, “If a fact is offered and it is not ‘liked,’ is it a fact?” Have we morphed into a post-fact world, as one source states, “in which virtually … Continue reading
“We are where we are, however we got here. What matters is where we go next.”—Isaac Marion The New Year inevitably brings resolutions. Just as inescapable are posts about those inexorable goals for the next 12 months. We generally hear … Continue reading
Rather than circling the wagons, maybe we should let the horses run. NOTE to my followers. This will be my last post for 2017. Next week in this space you will find my annual end-of-year retrospective. Thank you for following, … Continue reading
Acknowledge the past. Anticipate the future. And do not forget to appreciate the present. As I enjoyed a Bahamian sunrise last week—disconnected from all but the waves and wind rushing by the ship’s balcony—three words came to mind. Acknowledge. Anticipate. … Continue reading
May you finish 2017 with clarity, peace, and vision for your future as well as those in your life. I am offering you the chance to engage in a seven week journey. Over the past four or five years I … Continue reading