Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#403) Create Your Own Story Or Someone Else Will
- (#104) Baby Boomers Reminisce: Then But Not Now
- (#134) Marshmallows, Teaching and Learning
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- #18 Crab Pot Mentality!
- (#268) P.R.I.D.E for Student (Life) Success
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (#217) What We Think We Become
- (#274) Igniting Passion: Seven Superlative Student Stars
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: happiness
Adults, are we listening? Three lessons from elementary school this week. (1) Mrs. Hullender teaches 1st grade at the Atlantic Beach Elementary School. Last Tuesday I had the opportunity to visit her classroom during a mini leadership conference. That’s right. … Continue reading
“Silent gratitude is not much use to anyone.” – Gertrude Stein – Saying “thank you.” Giving a cheerful “good morning!” Expressing appreciation. Providing a hug, emotionally if not physically. Each of these requires a tiny investment of energy. The result … Continue reading
How would you feel if you found out you could never come back to your “place”? On our sunrise beach walks, Roxie (The Wonder Pup) and I invariably connect with a few Atlantic Beach neighbors on the morning sands. We … Continue reading
What autobiography have you created? Time for a revision? This month’s Time magazine (June 1, 2015) hit harmonious chords about actions that can create disharmonious life situations. In “The Science of Bouncing Back” Mandy Oaklander explores strategies for resilience. Citing … Continue reading
“You are where I was. And I am where you will be.” This week represents a major life demarcation for me. After 33 years of classroom teaching, I will be retiring from my college. I am not retiring, however, from my … Continue reading