Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (336) Wellbeing Is A Skill: From Balance To Integration
- The Seven Core Values
- (Issue #464) Food. Family. Farewell.
- (#80) Philosophical Differences or Ideological Inflexibility?
- (#87) Priority Management: Are You Doing the Right Things or Are You Just Doing Stuff?
- (#120) Are You Intentional About Your Growth?
- (#428) What Does Success Look Like To You?
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2019. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: effective teaching
This week’s blog post draws on the third core value from Community as a Safe Place to Land (2019): Discover and use RESOURCES to increase chances for progress, growth, learning, and connections. “Knowledge is power.” But if acquired knowledge is … Continue reading
“Life is not about me, it’s about others.” -Frances Bartlett Kinne- It is 1917 and Oregon beats Pennsylvania (14-0) in the Rose Bowl. German U-boats stalk international waters. The US Supreme Court upholds the 8-hour workday for railroad workers. The … Continue reading
Just because it was tossed, doesn’t mean it was caught. Just because it was talked, doesn’t mean it was taught. How do you define “learning”? And, what causes it? How much of your schooling exposed you to a stream … Continue reading
It can help us fill in gaps between assumptions and realities. A few months ago on this blog I posed the question, “Do we take time to experience what our customer, client, or student is experiencing?” Regardless of your profession or … Continue reading
Teaching and learning need to remain inextricably connected. A few weeks ago I had the honor of being placed in the songwriter’s spotlight at the Atlantic Beach (FL) Songwriters’ Night. I was humbled to get the invitation and once I was … Continue reading