Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#426) It’s Easy to be Left Behind
- (#418) Helping A Village Find Its Voice
- (#91) Success Strategies for the Classroom—and the Business World
- (#134) Marshmallows, Teaching and Learning
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#272) Grit: What Keeps You Moving Toward Your Goals?
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (#88) Information Literacy: Not All Information is Created Equally
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: Excellence
“Life is not about me, it’s about others.” -Frances Bartlett Kinne- It is 1917 and Oregon beats Pennsylvania (14-0) in the Rose Bowl. German U-boats stalk international waters. The US Supreme Court upholds the 8-hour workday for railroad workers. The … Continue reading
Choose well, my friend. QUESTION: What do you think would give first-year college students the best advantage for success when they arrive on campus? QUESTION: What do you believe would give new employees the best advantage their first day on … Continue reading
I remain focused on surrounding myself with knowledgeable and skillful people who will have my back—and kick me in the butt when needed. Who do you have on your Board? Corporations have Boards of Directors. Institutions of higher learning have Boards … Continue reading
Just like the dashboards of social media that measure “likes,” “friends,” “followers,” and “connections,” we have to examine if the numbers by themselves have any real meaning. It’s the end of the semester and with it comes to usual calls, … Continue reading