Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#93) SQ4R: Strategic Reading Strategies for the Classroom and Beyond
- (#88) Information Literacy: Not All Information is Created Equally
- (#91) Success Strategies for the Classroom—and the Business World
- #40 Stanton College Preparatory School: Alumni Making a Difference
- (#59) Lessons from "Larry Crowne"
- (#268) P.R.I.D.E for Student (Life) Success
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#92) Making Connections in the Classroom and the Boardroom
- (#87) Priority Management: Are You Doing the Right Things or Are You Just Doing Stuff?
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2017. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli.
Tag Archives: empathy
Being a teacher is more than knowing one’s content and “covering” the material. Effective teachers do what they can to connect with each student and build a community of learners who connect with one another. The Individuals with Educational Disabilities … Continue reading
Who can help you? Who can you help? Do you sometimes just get tired? Feel like you are getting nowhere fast? Might even believe you are moving backwards? A friend reminded me of a powerful visual. This woman is the … Continue reading
“Life is not about me, it’s about others.” -Frances Bartlett Kinne- It is 1917 and Oregon beats Pennsylvania (14-0) in the Rose Bowl. German U-boats stalk international waters. The US Supreme Court upholds the 8-hour workday for railroad workers. The … Continue reading
I totally understand that many people just don’t know what to do when someone in front of them says, “I have cancer.” Last week I shared the well-intentioned and well-executed words and actions that so many people offered on behalf … Continue reading
Laurie and I remain deeply indebted to many, many friends for their positive thoughts and love. I often incorporate into my posts personal experiences and stories with broader lessons and insights. This week’s post comes from the most personal of … Continue reading
The first person we have to lead and be true to remains ourselves. On an episode of Super Soul Sunday, Daniel Goleman (Emotional Intelligence) and Oprah Winfrey had a far-ranging conversation about Goleman’s signature subject of emotional intelligence. Consider Emotional … Continue reading