Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- #41 An Archaic System? Evaluating Assumptions About Education
- (#59) Lessons from "Larry Crowne"
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (#201) Collegial Collaborations: Building Connections With Adjunct Faculty
- (#446) What Serves As Your Fuel?
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Tag Archives: mindful
The opportunities to appreciate wisdom exist all around us. Are we mindful? Are we paying attention. Several years ago, on this blog, I wrote the following: Wisdom does NOT necessarily come with knowledge. I know a lot of “educated” people … Continue reading
Leave room…develop the concept…be free…listen. My current improv instructor reminded the class last week to “get out our heads” and embrace the present. No script. Enhance your partner’s offer. Sense what exists in front of yourself in any given scene. … Continue reading
Acknowledge the past. Anticipate the future. And do not forget to appreciate the present. As I enjoyed a Bahamian sunrise last week—disconnected from all but the waves and wind rushing by the ship’s balcony—three words came to mind. Acknowledge. Anticipate. … Continue reading
The first person we have to lead and be true to remains ourselves. On an episode of Super Soul Sunday, Daniel Goleman (Emotional Intelligence) and Oprah Winfrey had a far-ranging conversation about Goleman’s signature subject of emotional intelligence. Consider Emotional … Continue reading