Search Blog Themes
April 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#218) Stop Saying “I Understand!”
- (#246) Are You Bitching or Are You Pitching?
- (#287) It Could Be Worse. Comparatory Suffering?
- (Issue #467) Listen. Learn. Lead.
- (#195) Nurturing an Internal Locus of Control
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2020. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Tag Archives: listening
Posing questions sets up a vulnerability of sorts. Publicly admitting, “I don’t understand. I need you to help me.” Why? Simple question. Why? Seeking additional information to explain a situation. Why? We have heard young children ask that question as … Continue reading
Benefiting from human connections. Effective teachers understand that they never know what questions or dilemmas a student will bring through the door. In addition to academic issues, students (just like the rest of us) always have a bag full of … Continue reading
Consider how you can incorporate deliberative efforts for deeper organizational relationships—one person at a time. I often stressed to my students that strategies for student success would prepare them for life success. My words came back to me as I … Continue reading