Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- The Seven Core Values
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#260) An Evening in the Gratitude Café
- (#288) Advice from an Owl
- (#287) It Could Be Worse. Comparatory Suffering?
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (#87) Priority Management: Are You Doing the Right Things or Are You Just Doing Stuff?
- (#85) Study Skills: Do I Really Need This Stuff?
- (#294) Benefits Of Remaining A Continual Learner
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2020. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Steve is not a life coach and does not provide legal advice. He facilitates conversations and helps raise and confront important questions about what we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
Tag Archives: listening
When we empower a person, group, or community to tell their story in their voice we help them share and add to their legacy. An online statistic caught my attention: 93 million times per day people snap a selfie. The … Continue reading
Posing questions sets up a vulnerability of sorts. Publicly admitting, “I don’t understand. I need you to help me.” Why? Simple question. Why? Seeking additional information to explain a situation. Why? We have heard young children ask that question as … Continue reading
Benefiting from human connections. Effective teachers understand that they never know what questions or dilemmas a student will bring through the door. In addition to academic issues, students (just like the rest of us) always have a bag full of … Continue reading
Consider how you can incorporate deliberative efforts for deeper organizational relationships—one person at a time. I often stressed to my students that strategies for student success would prepare them for life success. My words came back to me as I … Continue reading