Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#88) Information Literacy: Not All Information is Created Equally
- (#85) Study Skills: Do I Really Need This Stuff?
- (#218) Stop Saying “I Understand!”
- (#394) Resilience: Supporting, Flourishing, Growing
- (#93) SQ4R: Strategic Reading Strategies for the Classroom and Beyond
- #18 Crab Pot Mentality!
- (#354) What Can You Really Control?
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2017. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli.
Category Archives: community development
While simple dichotomies may be deceptively simplistic, they can provide a starting point for conversation and movement. Each day we have the opportunity to provide light or darkness. We provide direction or obfuscation. With every decision and interaction, we can … Continue reading
Does your community resemble a collection of isolated islands? Maybe you can be the bridge builder for a movement to unite. Hurricane Irma reminded us again of the power of community. Times of emergency bring people together. Whether by reaching … Continue reading
Whether talking about the college classroom or the corporate boardroom, conscientious nurturing of authentic relationships improves the chances for effective communication, meaningful connections and powerful creation. A major work published in 1991 on effective college teaching emphasized the importance of … Continue reading
Measuring long-term outcomes instead of only checking off short-term activities will help us with long-term solutions rather than short-term dependency. In education we need to focus on outcomes, empowerment and efficacy. I have often shared with people how the social … Continue reading