Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#88) Information Literacy: Not All Information is Created Equally
- (#85) Study Skills: Do I Really Need This Stuff?
- (#218) Stop Saying “I Understand!”
- (#394) Resilience: Supporting, Flourishing, Growing
- (#93) SQ4R: Strategic Reading Strategies for the Classroom and Beyond
- #18 Crab Pot Mentality!
- (#354) What Can You Really Control?
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2017. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli.
Tag Archives: action
May you finish 2017 with clarity, peace, and vision for your future as well as those in your life. I am offering you the chance to engage in a seven week journey. Over the past four or five years I … Continue reading
Sometimes we have to plow through rough water to find our happy places. The first part of each ocean kayak adventure involves the paddle out. Before I can enjoy the smoother ocean waters, I have to get through the breakers … Continue reading
This week spend some time looking in your rear view mirror. In a few weeks, the calendar turns to 2017. For some, it will be “good riddance” to 2016. Others will have fond memories and gratitude of the past twelve months. … Continue reading
Those striving for and maintaining excellence constantly want to know more—get to the next level. Early in her book Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance, Angela Duckworth referenced a 1980s sociological study titled “The Mundanity of Excellence.” Intrigued by … Continue reading
To disregard fortitude ignores the importance of personal effort. No, it does not always “pay off” like we might want it to. Grit, though, is a contributing factor on our journey. Type in the words grit or fortitude into Google … Continue reading