Join 1,292 other subscribers
Search Blog Themes
May 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- Community Bright Spots! Neighborhood Schools
- (#217) What We Think We Become
- (#425) A Community of Mentors for Music, Hope, and Rainbows
- (#412) Choices: Where Do You Choose To Be?
- (Issue #519) Lessons From A Dragon And His Friend
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2022. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
A functioning community moves beyond listing and reciting core values. It shares and lives those values. And, it provides a safe place for its members to explore, stretch, learn, fail, and grow.
Steve is not a life coach and does not provide legal advice. He facilitates conversations and helps raise and confront important questions about what we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
Tag Archives: toxic messages
(Issue #467) Listen. Learn. Lead.
Posted on May 5, 2019 by stevepiscitelli
To lead, you must first listen (hear; respect; ask authentic questions). Then learn from the exchange (willingness to change). Two experiences. One message. First experience. I helped organize a candidate forum for our beaches in Duval County (Florida). The candidates … Continue reading →
Posted in collegiality, Communication, Community, leadership, learning, listening | Tagged communication, leadership, learning, listening, toxic messages | 1 Comment