Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- Community Bright Spots!
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#93) SQ4R: Strategic Reading Strategies for the Classroom and Beyond
- Community Bright Spots! Outdoor Murals
- Community Bright Spots! Neighborhood Schools
- Community Bright Spots! Parks (Atlantic Beach, FL)
- Community Bright Spots! Beaches Habitat Housing
- (#59) Lessons from "Larry Crowne"
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2021. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
A functioning community moves beyond listing and reciting core values. It shares and lives those values. And, it provides a safe place for its members to explore, stretch, learn, fail, and grow.
Steve is not a life coach and does not provide legal advice. He facilitates conversations and helps raise and confront important questions about what we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
Category Archives: learning
Just because you find a lot of information does not mean you have found accurate or credible information If, as famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright claimed, “An expert is a man who stops thinking because he knows,” then can we say … Continue reading
Just because it was tossed, doesn’t mean it was caught. Just because it was talked, doesn’t mean it was taught. How do you define “learning”? And, what causes it? How much of your schooling exposed you to a stream … Continue reading
Let’s make the policy makers have to face, and work with, our students and teachers day in and day out. The same ones their legislation impacts. ________________ A note the reader: I have written before about (a former student) Lt. … Continue reading