Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#64) Two Generations of Teachers Make a Difference for Our World
- (#395) Acknowledge. Anticipate. Appreciate.
- (#256) Don’t Blame the Bureaucracy, Point to the People
- #19 Today-Tomorrow-Yesterday
- (#69) Dreams--Revisited
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#87) Priority Management: Are You Doing the Right Things or Are You Just Doing Stuff?
- The Seven Core Values
- (#239) Reflecting on Meaningful Professional Development
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2020. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: education reform
Grade inflation/distortion has consequences for self-efficacy, self-awareness, and self-competence. For most colleges and universities around the nation, graduation time has arrived. Professors have evaluated the final exams, grades have been submitted, and students anxiously await their grades. Or, more to … Continue reading
Sometimes, however, the simplest—and most effective— thing to do is to go back to the beginning. Back to the start and focus on what works. Veteran teachers know that educational “reform” many times is anything but that. Politicians and bureaucrats … Continue reading