Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#425) A Community of Mentors for Music, Hope, and Rainbows
- #18 Crab Pot Mentality!
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (#246) Are You Bitching or Are You Pitching?
- (#272) Grit: What Keeps You Moving Toward Your Goals?
- (#134) Marshmallows, Teaching and Learning
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: soft skills
Acknowledge the past. Anticipate the future. And do not forget to appreciate the present. As I enjoyed a Bahamian sunrise last week—disconnected from all but the waves and wind rushing by the ship’s balcony—three words came to mind. Acknowledge. Anticipate. … Continue reading
“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” -Epictetus- “Question everything.” -Einstein- Three things conspired to inspire this week’s blog. This past week I traveled to Gainesville, Florida to record … Continue reading
Whether talking about the college classroom or the corporate boardroom, conscientious nurturing of authentic relationships improves the chances for effective communication, meaningful connections and powerful creation. A major work published in 1991 on effective college teaching emphasized the importance of … Continue reading