Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#88) Information Literacy: Not All Information is Created Equally
- (#93) SQ4R: Strategic Reading Strategies for the Classroom and Beyond
- (#134) Marshmallows, Teaching and Learning
- (#357) Perspective
- #18 Crab Pot Mentality!
- (#377) Your Future Self
- (#81) Psychic Wages and Passion
- (#91) Success Strategies for the Classroom—and the Business World
- (#95) Test-Prep: Connecting Classroom Success to Career Success and Life Success
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2017. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli.
Tag Archives: transformational leadership
Has your bureaucracy morphed into a soul-sucking and resilience-retarding beast? Bureaucracy catches a lot of heat. “The Bureaucracy.” When something goes wrong….blame it on “The Bureaucracy.” Of course, “The Bureaucracy” provides the structure. The people (the bureaucrats) make it move … Continue reading
“Life is not about me, it’s about others.” -Frances Bartlett Kinne- It is 1917 and Oregon beats Pennsylvania (14-0) in the Rose Bowl. German U-boats stalk international waters. The US Supreme Court upholds the 8-hour workday for railroad workers. The … Continue reading
What can you do this week to plus a situation and amplify someone’s position? Seasoned Improv players understand and regularly use the “Yes, And” strategy. “Yes, And” moves a scene and its players along. “Yes, But” is a scene killer. … Continue reading
The leadership concepts and exhortations below can be summed up in a word, RESPECT. Respect for your abilities, respect for your followers, respect for your team, respect for the mission, respect for humor, and respect for relationship building. My inspiration … Continue reading