Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (Issue #504) The Fragile Beauty and Randomness of Life
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
- (#216) Value-Driven Actions: What Guides Your Life?
- (#288) Advice from an Owl
- (Issue #503) Identity, Integrity, and Purpose
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#134) Marshmallows, Teaching and Learning
- (#181) Knowing—Doing—Being
- (#195) Nurturing an Internal Locus of Control
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2020. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: bureaucracy
“The point is obvious. There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches….” -Ray Bradbury- Weak signals tell us that what had been best practices are about … Continue reading
Has your bureaucracy morphed into a soul-sucking and resilience-retarding beast? Bureaucracy catches a lot of heat. “The Bureaucracy.” When something goes wrong….blame it on “The Bureaucracy.” Of course, “The Bureaucracy” provides the structure. The people (the bureaucrats) make it move … Continue reading
Maybe I can help start a small movement for change in the big box. Until March of this year, I belonged to a small, unobtrusive, not fancy, neighborhood beach gym. For eighteen years. Like Cheers, everyone knew your name. A … Continue reading
If you can’t or won’t help, just step aside for someone who will do a competent and humane job. When something goes wrong in a big organization, the easy thing to do is blame it on the bureaucracy. Blame the … Continue reading