Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#403) Create Your Own Story Or Someone Else Will
- (#104) Baby Boomers Reminisce: Then But Not Now
- (#134) Marshmallows, Teaching and Learning
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- #18 Crab Pot Mentality!
- (#268) P.R.I.D.E for Student (Life) Success
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (#217) What We Think We Become
- (#274) Igniting Passion: Seven Superlative Student Stars
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Tag Archives: authenticity
While simple dichotomies may be deceptively simplistic, they can provide a starting point for conversation and movement. Each day we have the opportunity to provide light or darkness. We provide direction or obfuscation. With every decision and interaction, we can … Continue reading
“Silent gratitude is not much use to anyone.” – Gertrude Stein – Saying “thank you.” Giving a cheerful “good morning!” Expressing appreciation. Providing a hug, emotionally if not physically. Each of these requires a tiny investment of energy. The result … Continue reading
All of us have experienced times when one or more of the slices, sectors, segments, or spaces of our lives no longer seem to serve us. All of us are multi-dimensional beings. One wellbeing model divides our lives into six dimensions. When … Continue reading
“Life is not about me, it’s about others.” -Frances Bartlett Kinne- It is 1917 and Oregon beats Pennsylvania (14-0) in the Rose Bowl. German U-boats stalk international waters. The US Supreme Court upholds the 8-hour workday for railroad workers. The … Continue reading
Maybe I can help start a small movement for change in the big box. Until March of this year, I belonged to a small, unobtrusive, not fancy, neighborhood beach gym. For eighteen years. Like Cheers, everyone knew your name. A … Continue reading