Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#90) Using Learning Preferences to Make Connections
- (#298) Do You Have “Hell, Yeah” Goals?
- #6 Who Are the “Energy Vampires” in Your Life?
- #20 Don’t Let Anyone Take Your Passion
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
- (#95) Test-Prep: Connecting Classroom Success to Career Success and Life Success
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
- (#313) Information Literacy 2.0: WHO Is The WHO Of Your Information?
- (#404) Risk, Empty Spaces, and Self: Lessons from the Stage
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2018. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Category Archives: Failure
It may be too late. Perhaps you have witnessed it. People in a leadership position who fail to communicate clearly and effectively. An organization experiences gut-wrenching turnover, service decline, loss of client base, and eroding collegiality. The people charged with … Continue reading
Sometimes we have to plow through rough water to find our happy places. The first part of each ocean kayak adventure involves the paddle out. Before I can enjoy the smoother ocean waters, I have to get through the breakers … Continue reading
Consider where you can expand beyond your comfort zone. Insights can come at any time. We just need to be open. One appeared a few days ago in a yoga class–while I was doing my best imitation of swaying tree, … Continue reading
If we focus on the possible negative, we get sucked into it. Lessons. Everywhere, lessons present themselves. And they remind us that we are always students. Lifelong learners. If we pay attention. My latest education has come over the past … Continue reading
Our attention will determine our interpretation. What thoughts and feelings come to mind when you see the photo below? Now, same question as you expand the view and context of the photo? Hmm. Marriages performed juxtaposed with a bedpan–with … Continue reading
Do you allow people into your head who would not invite into your home? Angelina Ahrendts’ (Senior VP @ Apple) letter to her daughters this week offers the following advice: …Stay in your lane…the path will illuminate itself so long … Continue reading