Join 1,292 other subscribers
Search Blog Themes
June 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#258) The Power of Guy Fieri: Five Life Lessons
- (#88) Information Literacy: Not All Information is Created Equally
- (#309) Thanks. You’re NOT Helping!
- (#486) A Metaphor for Growth and Resilience
- (Issue #582) When Strangers Become Friends and Friends Become Strangers
- (Issue #629) Flibbertigibbet Is My Name. Jabberwocky Is My Game.
- (Issue #635) The Ugliest House in America?
- (Issue #519) Lessons From A Dragon And His Friend
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2022. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
A functioning community moves beyond listing and reciting core values. It shares and lives those values. And, it provides a safe place for its members to explore, stretch, learn, fail, and grow.
Steve is not a life coach and does not provide legal advice. He facilitates conversations and helps raise and confront important questions about what we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
Category Archives: initiative
(#387) Lessons from Elementary School
Adults, are we listening? Three lessons from elementary school this week. (1) Mrs. Hullender teaches 1st grade at the Atlantic Beach Elementary School. Last Tuesday I had the opportunity to visit her classroom during a mini leadership conference. That’s right. … Continue reading
Posted in accountability, action, Being REMARKABLE, Goals, Gratitude, habits, happiness, initiative, inspiration, Teaching, teaching and learning Tagged atlantic beach elementary school, friendship, goals, inspiration, kindness, leadership, motivation, resilience, steve piscitelli, teaching and learning 1 Comment
(#270) Have You Spent Time With Ida Ownly?
A relationship with Ida Ownly has no future other than one of contrition, remorse, disappointment, and heartbreak. You know Ida Ownly, don’t you? I’m sure you (like me) have spent some time with her. And when we do it generally … Continue reading
Posted in action, Anxiety, awareness, Discipline, Excuses, Failure, fitness, focus, fortitude, growth, initiative, Integrity, Mindfulness, Motivation, organization, Personal growth, potential, priorities, Priority management, Words and Action Tagged budgeting, discipline, excuses, exercising, later, priorities, procrastination, regret, remorse, saving, stress, time management Leave a comment