Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- Community Bright Spots!
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#93) SQ4R: Strategic Reading Strategies for the Classroom and Beyond
- Community Bright Spots! Outdoor Murals
- Community Bright Spots! Neighborhood Schools
- Community Bright Spots! Parks (Atlantic Beach, FL)
- Community Bright Spots! Beaches Habitat Housing
- (#59) Lessons from "Larry Crowne"
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2021. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
A functioning community moves beyond listing and reciting core values. It shares and lives those values. And, it provides a safe place for its members to explore, stretch, learn, fail, and grow.
Steve is not a life coach and does not provide legal advice. He facilitates conversations and helps raise and confront important questions about what we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
Category Archives: generativity
We can end up doing things that look good, feel good, or make a splash while ignoring the support system behind each of those choices. My trainer, Charles, recently introduced me to a new (for me) exercise in the gym. … Continue reading
Yesterday, our Buddy arrived at the end of his nearly 15-year journey and crossed over the rainbow bridge. To say there is a hole in our hearts at the moment is a gross understatement. But, we have to remember that Buddy … Continue reading
What we do in these situations defines our characters and our destiny. Courage. How do you define it? How do you exhibit it in your daily life? Probably the best way I ever heard it defined did not see it … Continue reading
I remain focused on surrounding myself with knowledgeable and skillful people who will have my back—and kick me in the butt when needed. Who do you have on your Board? Corporations have Boards of Directors. Institutions of higher learning have Boards … Continue reading