Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- (#486) A Metaphor for Growth and Resilience
- (Issue #519) Lessons From A Dragon And His Friend
- (Issue #551) Music To The Rescue
- #35 The Antidote for Toxic Meetings: Be Brief, Be Bright, and Be Gone!
- (#172) Are You Kicking the Can Down the Road?
- The Seven Core Values
- (#378) If Something Happens and No One Sees It, Does Anything Happen?
- (Issue #467) Listen. Learn. Lead.
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2021. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
A functioning community moves beyond listing and reciting core values. It shares and lives those values. And, it provides a safe place for its members to explore, stretch, learn, fail, and grow.
Steve is not a life coach and does not provide legal advice. He facilitates conversations and helps raise and confront important questions about what we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
Tag Archives: effort
Those striving for and maintaining excellence constantly want to know more—get to the next level. Early in her book Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance, Angela Duckworth referenced a 1980s sociological study titled “The Mundanity of Excellence.” Intrigued by … Continue reading
Once we discover what we feel is our passion (or at least, our interest that could become a passion), the work has only begun. One day in class, a thirty-something student raised her hand to ask a question about my … Continue reading