Join 1,292 other subscribers
Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#86) A Model for Critical Thinking
- #53 Observations From The Airport
- (#64) Two Generations of Teachers Make a Difference for Our World
- (#89) Set Your Goals and S.O.A.R.
- (#191) React, Respond or Initiate?
- (Issue #548) Honor. Celebrate. Embrace. (Reprise)
- Community Bright Spots! Parks (Atlantic Beach, FL)
- (Issue #582) When Strangers Become Friends and Friends Become Strangers
- (Issue #629) Flibbertigibbet Is My Name. Jabberwocky Is My Game.
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2022. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
A functioning community moves beyond listing and reciting core values. It shares and lives those values. And, it provides a safe place for its members to explore, stretch, learn, fail, and grow.
Steve is not a life coach and does not provide legal advice. He facilitates conversations and helps raise and confront important questions about what we do, why we do it, and how we do it.
Monthly Archives: September 2010
#18 Crab Pot Mentality!
Whatever you choose to call these people—haters, crabs, energy vampires, saboteurs, dysfunctional—they can kill a dream if we allow them into our world. If you have run into these energy suckers, please share your strategies. What is your antidote to their poison?
Posted in Haters 80 Comments
#17 Is Multitasking a Myth?
Recently, I had my students keep a log of their time use for a week. They listed how many hours spent working, going to class, doing family chores, sleeping, and the like. All activities had to add up to 168 … Continue reading
Posted in Multitasking 14 Comments
#16 How Big Is Your BUT?
To be successful eliminate the word but from your vocabulary. That small three letter word serves as a huge eraser for everything that comes before it in the sentence. Continue reading
Posted in Excuses 13 Comments
#15 Offensive or Remarkable?
Seth Godin’s book Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable maintains that traditional marketing no longer works. He writes that businesses need to develop a Purple Cow. That is, “anything phenomenal, counterintuitive, exciting, and remarkable.” He argues, “Consumers ignore … Continue reading
Posted in Being REMARKABLE 6 Comments