Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (Issue #528) Writer’s Block? Probably Not.
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (#85) Study Skills: Do I Really Need This Stuff?
- (Issue #511) Voice In Your Ear
- (#343) Reflect, Remove, And Replace: Focus On The Space
- (#217) What We Think We Become
- (Issue #527) Criticism and Your Counterfactual
- (#81) Psychic Wages and Passion
- (#428) What Does Success Look Like To You?
- (#259) Is “Hope” a Meaningless Sentiment?
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2020. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Monthly Archives: September 2010
Whatever you choose to call these people—haters, crabs, energy vampires, saboteurs, dysfunctional—they can kill a dream if we allow them into our world. If you have run into these energy suckers, please share your strategies. What is your antidote to their poison?
Recently, I had my students keep a log of their time use for a week. They listed how many hours spent working, going to class, doing family chores, sleeping, and the like. All activities had to add up to 168 … Continue reading
To be successful eliminate the word but from your vocabulary. That small three letter word serves as a huge eraser for everything that comes before it in the sentence. Continue reading
Seth Godin’s book Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable maintains that traditional marketing no longer works. He writes that businesses need to develop a Purple Cow. That is, “anything phenomenal, counterintuitive, exciting, and remarkable.” He argues, “Consumers ignore … Continue reading