Search Blog Themes
Blog Posts by Month
Top Posts & Pages
- (#194) Honor the Past. Celebrate the Present. Embrace the Future.
- (Issue #504) The Fragile Beauty and Randomness of Life
- (Issue #508) Is Your Help Helping?
- (#59) Lessons from "Larry Crowne"
- (Issue #495) Just What I Needed
- #43 What We Say, We Become
- The Seven Week Challenge
- (Issue #505) Orange to Blue
- (#85) Study Skills: Do I Really Need This Stuff?
- (#87) Priority Management: Are You Doing the Right Things or Are You Just Doing Stuff?
Copyright Notice ©
©2010-2020. Steve Piscitelli. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without expressed permission from Steve Piscitelli. The Growth and Resilience Network®
Monthly Archives: October 2011
What is civility if not a constant awareness that no human encounter is without consequence. -P.M. Forni- Nearly a decade ago, P.M. Forni released a powerful volume titled Choosing Civility: The Twenty-Five Rules of Considerate Conduct. The chapters, while short … Continue reading
Nowadays, the bar has been set so very low for what passes as “excellent” that we may have forgotten what true excellence really is. In past blog posts I have written about the importance of an attitude of gratitude (https://stevepiscitelli.wordpress.com/category/gratitude/). There … Continue reading
Sometimes mentors can help us…And while they are of incalculable value, there is another resource that sometimes gets ignored. You! For their midterm review, my students examined their goals and their actions to get to those goals. I find reading … Continue reading
Who are the people who are there for you—and you for them? Who are your forever friends? On Thursday and Friday of this past week I attended memorial services for a college friend who had suddenly died. Warren Mack will … Continue reading