It was back in May of this year when I made the decision to begin my first blog. I had 3 goals:
- Experience a new (for me) aspect of social media
- Develop and flesh out new ideas
- Provide something worthwhile—not just another cyber rant
I believe I have accomplished the first and the second. It is up to you whether I have accomplished the third.
For this last-of-the-year post, I have returned to each of the 30 posts I have made to the blog—and provided a summary statement about each. Consider this a look back as we look ahead to the New Year. Perhaps a nugget or two will provide inspiration.
1. Who are the Energy Vampires in Your Life?
- Find and associate with nutritious people who listen to you, are glad to see you, and are not attempting to refashion you into a version they like.
2. Social Media–Know when and how to use it
- Social media is not a fad; it is not going away.
3. Moving from Unremarkable to REMARKABLE!
- If we want to change—if we want to grow into a REMARKABLE life—we have to have courage, take action, embrace risk, have an appropriate attitude, and understand it takes time.
4. A Value Without Virtue Can Be Dangerous
- As you confront life’s challenges nurture and draw on these virtues: courage, fortitude, patience, generosity, honesty, and humility.
5. When is being selfish not being selfish?
- I suggest you think about being “selfish”—that is, spend time strengthening and maintaining balance in YOUR life.
6. “Balance Is Not Necessarily Even”
- We have six dimensions in our lives: social, occupational, spiritual, physical, intellectual, and emotional.
7. Where is the Line for “APPROPRIATE” Behavior–and Who Draws the Line?
- Is civility a casualty of informality and shock value?
8. Finding Your Happy Place
- Where is your “happy place”? Where do you find solace, energy, reflection, and growth?
9. PRIDE for Life
- Life success is all about acting with P.R.I.D.E.!
10. Has Connection Created Disconnection?
- It is a new world—for better or worse. I still appreciate talking eyeball to eyeball without the interference of a piece of machinery.
11. Help Others Find Their Happy Places
- How do you help, friends, family, and colleagues find their happy places?
12. An Attitude of Gratitude
- I have NOTHING to whine about!
13. Are there words we should NEVER say—and who makes that decision?
- Civility—or political correctness gone awry?
14. “IZE” on Your Future
- Live your passion: Visualize, Prioritize, Exorcise, Exercise, and Realize.
15. Offensive or Remarkable?
- Safe is risky!
16. How Big Is Your BUT?
- What excuses are you allowing to hold you back from reaching your dream?
17. Is Multitasking a Myth?
- While we may be doing two things at the same time, the research suggests, at the very least, effectiveness has been significantly compromised.
18. Crab Pot Mentality!
- Put distance between you and the haters in your life.
- Results come about because of work I have done (or not done), positions I have placed myself in (or not), and relationships I have nurtured (or ignored).
20. Don’t Let Anyone Take Your Passion
- “Illegitimi non carborundum.” Loosely translated: Don’t let the bastards grind you down.
21. Goals, Failure, and Choosing to Move Forward
- Set huge outrageous goals (HOGs): Do not to settle for something that will not allow you to take advantage of your best efforts.
22. What’s Important to You?
- Ask yourself: What should I STOP doing; KEEP doing: and START doing?
23. No Promises
- We are not promised next year, next weekend, or the next hour. Make the most of each day.
24. Words for Reflection
- Quotes can be trite and meaningless—or powerful reminders and motivators.
25. Know Your Boundaries–Know Your Limits
- Boundaries tell people how far they can go with another person. Limits clearly tell people what you will do or will not do.
26. Free Hugs and Thank Yous
- Take a moment and say “thank you” for the many things people do all around us. Once again, enjoy this video and song.
27. Take a Good Look America, Take A Good Look World
- Consider if instead of living down to stereotypes, we created a new schema with which to interact with our world.
28. Ustabees, Liketodos, and Willtodos.
- Identify one liketodo in your life—and change it to a willtodo.
29. We Never Know the Impact We Have
- Even the smallest thing we say or do can make a significant difference in the lives of those around us.
30. Wisdom is…
- What wisdom have you gained that will make ours a better world?
© Steve Piscitelli and Steve Piscitelli’s Blog, 2010.